Sep 7, 2008

A tribute to life....

Oh life! I have always wanted to let you know how important you were to me,but never knew how i could ever let you know about it.
You came to me when i was resting in the folds of my mother's womb,and since then you have always been with me, no matter what.You have given me a wonderful time all throughout.

You 've been my best companion,a steady support and a great guide.No doubt,you have been full of ups and downs.But,all along you 've shown me how to meander my way out from the 'downs' and how to stay grounded during the 'ups'.

You have managed being with me,at times when i sent everyone away from me and drew a line around myself.You 've shown me light,when i could see only darkness all around.You 've shown me hope,when i was filled with despair.You showed me love when i really needed it.
Most importantly,you showed me how time healed everything.Time,in fact,melts everything.There is nothing which can stand the storms of time and stay alive inspite of it.

You 've been with me all through time,through every stage.You 've seen me take my first steps,mouth my first words,get my first teeth,learn alphabets and numbers,play with my dolls,say my first rhymes,have my dose of measles and chicken pox.
You 've seen me grow,learn thru school life,get my graduation,part way with frens,with tears in my eyes...
You know the lies i 've spoken,the people i 've hurt,those whom i really love and care for.You are aware of my thoughts,feelings,desires.I bet,you know my goals,my strengths and weaknesses,my likes and dislikes,my dreams and secret fantasies...You 've managed to know me in and out...infact i have'nt discovered myself fully yet!

You 've taught me some of your most beautiful lessons at apt times in subtle ways.You 've fulfilled my wishes.You've made my thoughts mature gracefully.You constantly keep me engaged by teaching me, making me grow from what i learn.I know you are a process of learning and growing wonderfully.For,i am not perfect,i yet need to learn so much.And i know that when i stop learning,i cease to grow.When i stop growing,i cease to live,i merely exsist.

You 've nurtured hidden talents in me,built my skills gradually,tapped my potential,broadened my outlook,refined my attitude and help me build an identity for myself.

Most importantly,you 've taught me how to smile,no matter what,how to live and enjoy the present moment. You've showed me that nothing is as important as it seems,when compared with you...you are so vast,oh life!,...so full of myriad moments,filled with so much time...
....you 've given all of yourself and your time to me...i can do what i please with you and your time....i love it,but,at the same time,i am a bit afraid...afraid if i 'll use and utilise you carefully and wonderfully...for,you are running out...and,at the end,you must'nt regret for having come to me!...But,now, i assure you,you 'll not regret,you 'll be proud of me. I 'll fill you with wonderful moments just as u did to me.

When i think of a person,and the next moment i see he/she in front of or hear their voice,...when a desire of mine(no matter,silly or big) is fulfilled,...when i achieve what i want,when i hear happy words,when i get a smile or a helping hand unasked,when people love me for what i am...i know that its your positive spirit which is working wonderfully and quietly through me,making everything happen.Resting in the deepest chambers of my heart,you reach out to the farthest,your reach knows no bounds....the results you bring are unparalelled.

Playing on the inner most strings of my heart,you have taught me how to be happy and comfortable with my own company alone,sans anybody,sans anything.....i love the independence you have given me,i love the freedom,i can feel the love and peace you hold for me.I 'm proud to 've you with me.And i know you are proud too.

I want to fill myself with you and your presence,...overflowing to the brim.

I ve always wondered what people really meant when they said,"she's so full of life and spirit."
Today,i ve understood it.

6 comments:

Hriday said...

Who is it that you are talking about when you say "You" ?

Its very difficult to judge the article unless that bit is known

Purni. said...

Try guessing.There's a subtle hint in the title and i also address directly in one of the lines towards the end.

Got it now:)

Aakash said...

agree with hriday, have read it some 3-4 times and still am confused.

Purni. said...

Its a tribute to life itself,not to any other person.Now,with this in mind,read it through the end.:)

sakora said...

i think she is refering to the ONE or identitical atma present in every one = YOU =ONE.

Purni. said...

@ Sakora
ha ha..:) nothing like that!!:)